来自荷兰语 rooster,表格，清单，来自中古荷兰语 roosten,烤，烧烤，词源同 roast.比喻用法， 因表格如同烧烤架而得名。
- roster: see roast
- roster (n.)
- 1727, from Dutch rooster "table, list," originally "gridiron," from Middle Dutch roosten "to roast" (see roast (v.)). So called from the grid of lines drawn on a paper to make a list.
- 1. The Amateur Softball Association's roster of umpires has declined to 57,000.
- 2. He was in his office, preparing his duty roster for the coming month.
- 3. The teacher checked the roster to see whom he would teach this year.
- 4. From the studio's roster of leading men, Robert Walker was an obvious choice to play the part.
- 5. The next day he put himself first on the new roster for domestic chores.
[ roster 造句 ]