- vi. 大叫，叫喊
- n. 喊声，叫声
- vt. 喊叫着说
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- yell: see nightingale
- yell (v.)
- Old English giellan (West Saxon), gellan (Mercian) "to yell, sound, shout," class III strong verb (past tense geal, past participle gollen), from Proto-Germanic *gel- (cognates: Old Norse gjalla "to resound," Middle Dutch ghellen, Dutch gillen, Old High German gellan, German gellen "to yell"), extended form of root of Old English galan "to sing" (source of the -gale in nightingale); from PIE *ghel- (1) "to call, cry out, shout, sing" (cognates: Greek kikhle "thrush," khelidon "the swallow"). Intransitive sense from early 13c. Related: Yelled; yelling.
- yell (n.)
- late 14c., originally in Scottish, from yell (v.).
- 1. Something brushed past Bob's face and he let out a yell.
- 2. "Please don't yell at me." She began to sniffle.
- 3. Compare cry ( out ), shout , yell and scream.
- 试比较cry ( out ) 、 shout、yell、 scream的用法.
- 4. This gave them a chance to yell.
- 5. Compare cry, shout , yell and scream.
- 试比较cry 、 shout、yell、 scream的用法.
[ yell 造句 ]