CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE CET6
1. y -> why + earn => yearn: 为何挣钱如此的令人向往、令人渴望。
- yearn: see eucharist
- yearn (v.)
- Old English giernan (West Saxon), geornan (Mercian), giorna (Northumbrian) "to strive, be eager, desire, seek for, beg, demand," from Proto-Germanic *gernjan (cognates: Gothic gairnjan "to desire," German begehren "to desire;" Old High German gern, Old Norse gjarn "desirous," Old English georn "eager, desirous," German gern "gladly, willingly"), from PIE root *gher- (5) "to like, want" (see hortatory). Related: Yearned; yearning.
- 1. If you do yearn for chocolate, try a carob bar instead.
- 2. This mentalist yearn easily trigger a large - scale consumption campaign.
- 3. Is it not in the nature of all human beings to yearn for freedom?
- 渴望自由不是人类的天性 吗 ?
- 4. We yearn to surrender our entire being.
- 5. Do not yearn in desire toward it , but wait till it reaches you.
- 你不能欲望中烧,按捺不住, 只能静候它的到来.
[ yearn 造句 ]