- vi. 调查，窥探
- n. 私家侦探，到处窥视；爱管闲事的人
- vt. 窥察，窥探
来自辅音丛 sn-,鼻子，闻，嗅，发鼻音，比较 sneer,snore,snicker,sniff,snuff.引申比喻义打探， 打听。
- snoop (v.)
- 1832, "to go around in a prying manner," American English, probably from Dutch snoepen "to pry," also "eat in secret, eat sweets, sneak," probably related to snappen "to bite, snatch" (see snap (v.)). Specific meaning "to pry into other people's business" is attested from 1921. Related: Snooped; snooping.
- snoop (n.)
- 1891, "act of snooping," from snoop (v.). Meaning "one who snoops" is from 1929; meaning "detective" is from 1942. snooper "one who pries or peeps" is from 1889.
- 1. Governments have been known to snoop on innocent citizens.
- 2. Don't snoop into my affairs!
- 3. The second house that Grossman had a snoop around contained "strong simple furniture".
- 4. I've just had a snoop round.
- 5. Thou shalt not snoop around in other people's files.
[ snoop 造句 ]