- vi. 结交；陪伴；符合
- vt. 使结合；使联系
- n. 配偶；伙伴
- n. (Consort)人名；(西)孔索尔特
con-, 强调。-sort, 种类，类型，词源同series, sort. 即同类型的，相配的。
- consort: see sort
- consort (n.)
- early 15c., "partner," from Middle French consort "colleague, partner, wife" (14c., Old French consorte), from Latin consortem (nominative consors) "partner, comrade; wife, brother, sister," noun use of adjective meaning "having the same lot, of the same fortune," from com- "with" (see com-) + sors "a share, lot" (see sort (n.)). Sense of "husband or wife" ("partner in marriage") is 1630s in English.
- consort (v.)
- 1580s, from consort (n.). Related: Consorted; consorting. Confused in form and sense with concert since 1580s.
- 1. At tea-time, Victoria sang duets with her Consort, Prince Albert.
- 2. She was surely the most distinguished queen consort we have had.
- 3. The Sinfonietta shares the stage with a consort of viols.
- 4. Prince Albert, the Prince Consort
- 5. The nurses are instructed not to consort with their patients.
[ consort 造句 ]