- n. 胭脂；口红；铁丹，红铁粉
- vt. 擦口红；在…上搽胭脂
- vi. 搽胭脂；涂口红
- adj. 〈罕〉红的〔只用于： R- Croix 〔英国〕纹章局四属官之一
- n. （法）鲁热（人名）；（西）罗赫（人名）
1. red => rouge.
2. Latin rubeus "red," related to ruber "red" (see red) => rouge.
来自法语 rouge,红颜料，来自拉丁语 ruber,红色的，来自 PIE*reudh,红色的，词源同 red,ruby. 字母 b,g 音变，比较 rabid,rage.
- rouge: see red
- rouge (n.)
- 1753, in cosmetic sense, "blush," from French rouge "red coloring matter," noun use of adjective "red" (12c.), from Latin rubeus, related to ruber "red" (see red). Replaced native paint in this sense. The verb is attested from 1777. Related: Rouged; rouging. The same word had been borrowed from French in Middle English with the sense "red color; red" (early 15c.).
- 1. She powdered her face and applied her lipstick and rouge.
- 2. Women put rouge on their cheeks to make their faces pretty.
- 3. She returned wearing a dab of rouge on each cheekbone.
- 4. She didn't need any powder or lip rouge to make her pretty.
- 5. UN officials say two military observers were seized by the Khmer Rouge yesterday.
[ rouge 造句 ]