- vt. 宣布；述说；预示；播报
- vi. 宣布参加竞选；当播音员
CET4 TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
前缀an-同ad-.词根nounce, 通知，见pronounce, 通知。
- announce: see pronounce
- announce (v.)
- c. 1500, "proclaim, make known," from Old French anoncier "announce, proclaim" (12c., Modern French annoncer), from Latin annuntiare, adnuntiare "to announce, relate," literally "to bring news," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + nuntiare "relate, report," from nuntius "messenger" (see nuncio). Related: Announced; announcing.
- 1. She was planning to announce her engagement to Peter.
- 2. She was bursting to announce the news but was sworn to secrecy.
- 3. The RSC was calling a press conference to announce the theatre's closure.
- 4. He hopes to be able to announce a date for inter-party talks.
- 5. to announce sth over the intercom
[ announce 造句 ]