1. scurrilous jokes 粗俗笑话, 下流笑话。
来自 scurrile,粗俗的笑话，黄段子，来自拉丁语 scurrilis,小丑一样的，来自 scurra,二流子， 流氓，小丑。引申词义诽谤的，恶语中伤的。
- scurrilous (adj.)
- "using such language as only the licence of a buffoon can warrant" [Johnson], 1570s, from scurrile "coarsely joking" (c. 1500, implied in scurrility), from Latin scurrilis "buffoonlike," from scurra "fashionable city idler, man-about-town," later "buffoon." According to Klein, "an Etruscan loan-word." Related: Scurrilously; scurrilousness.
- 1. Scurrilous and untrue stories were being invented.
- 2. She was often quite scurrilous in her references to me.
- 3. Her scurrilous performances have already condemned her.
- 4. Satan dropped it there, I take it, intending a scurrilous jest against your reverence.
- 我想, 准是撒旦丢在那儿, 有意中伤阁下您的.
来自英汉文学 - 红字
- 5. She was frightened by an utterly false accusation and an utterly scurrilous threat.
[ scurrilous 造句 ]