- n. 河中小岛；河中沙洲
- n. (Holm)人名；(英、德、瑞典、芬、挪)霍尔姆；(法)奥尔姆
- holm (n.)
- late Old English, from Old Norse holmr "small island, especially in a bay or river," also "meadow by a shore," or cognate Old Danish hulm "low lying land," from Proto-Germanic *hul-maz, from PIE root *kel- (4) "to rise, be elevated, be prominent; hill" (see hill). Obsolete, but preserved in place names. Cognate Old English holm (only attested in poetic language) meant "sea, ocean, wave."
- 1. Based on the HOLM theory, the wear quantity calculating formulae of mechanical seal wear are derived.
- 依据HOLM理论, 推导出了机械密封磨损量的计算公式.
- 2. The world premiere of Harold Pinter's new play casts Ian Holm in the lead role.
- 3. Ian Holm was always Peter Jackson's first choice to play Bilbo Baggins.
[ holm 造句 ]