来自意大利语 scimitarra,通常认为来自波斯语 samsir/shamsher,弯刀，半月形刀。
- scimitar (n.)
- 1540s, cimiterie, from Middle French cimeterre (15c.) or Italian scimitarra, of uncertain origin. Turkish would be the expected source, but no such word has been found there. Perhaps from Persian shimshir (pronounced "shamsher," compare Greek sampsera "a barbarian sword," from this source), but OED finds this "unsatisfactory as to form." Many early variations; the modern spelling is from influence of the Italian form of the word. Century Dictionary (1902) has simitar as preferred spelling.
- 1. His hair beard like thick and disorderly, fat face, scimitar.
- 他头发蓬蓬的, 胖胖的脸, 弯刀似的胡子.
- 2. This means that the Dragon Scimitar is a good Slashing Weapon.
- 3. Rather than a twin - pod craft , the Scimitar has a single elongated body.
- 弯刀型用的不是双舱设计, 而是单个的修长机体.
- 4. Interlocked repulsorlift thrusters provide the Scimitar with exceptional maneuverability.
- 5. The Scimitar + 2 will no longer have a Rapier icon.
[ scimitar 造句 ]