来自法语 raquette,球拍，手掌，来自阿拉伯语 rahat,手掌。比喻用法，原指手击球，后指球 拍。
- racquet (n.)
- "handled hitting device used in tennis, etc.," c. 1500, probably originally "tennis-like game played with open hand" (late 14c.), from Middle French rachette, requette (Modern French raquette) "racket for hitting; palm of the hand," perhaps via Italian racchetta or Spanish raqueta, both often said to be from Arabic rahat, a form of raha "palm of the hand," but this has been doubted. Compare French jeu de paume "tennis," literally "play with the palm of the hand," and compare tennis).
- 1. Jennifer flung her racquet down in despair.
- 2. I hope you enjoy the racquet.
- 3. Now I've got this smashing new racquet, I don't really want anything else.
- 如今我有了这么好的新球拍, 我就不希罕别的东西了.
- 4. Jennifer uttered an exclamation of pleasure as his racquet emerged from its coverings.
- 5. An inside - out swing enables the racquet to stay on line.
[ racquet 造句 ]