来自中古法语 toquassen,警钟，来自法语方言 tocar,击打，触碰，词源同 touch,senh,钟，词源 同 sign.后缩写为现在的拼写形式。
- tocsin: see touch
- tocsin (n.)
- "alarm bell," 1580s, from Middle French toquassen "an alarm bell, the ringing of an alarm bell" (late 14c.), from Old Provençal tocasenh, from tocar "to strike" (from Vulgar Latin *toccare "strike a bell;" see touch (v.)) + senh "bell, bell note," from Late Latin signum "bell, ringing of a bell," in Latin "mark, signal" (see sign (n.)). The current English spelling is from 1794, adopted from modern French.
- 1. The tocsin rang impatiently, but other help ( if that were any ) there was none.
- 警钟紧急地敲着, 却没有别的救援出现 ( 即使有,也没有来 ).
- 2. The illuminated village had seized hold of the tocsin andabolishing the lawful ringer, rang for joy.
- 火光照耀的村子已夺走了警钟, 赶走了法定敲钟人,自己欢乐地敲了起来.
[ tocsin 造句 ]