CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
re-,再，-spect,看，词源同 specter,retrospect.即需要反复看，分开看的人或事物，引申词义分 别的，各自的。
- respective (adj.)
- mid-15c., "regardful, observing or noting with attention," from Medieval Latin respectivus "having regard for," from Latin respect- past participle stem of respicere (see respect (n.)). Meaning "relating or pertaining severally each to each" is from 1640s.
- 1. It is important that we dovetail our respective interests.
- 2. The duo set up a scam to settle their respective debts.
- 3. Steve and I were at very different stages in our respective careers.
- 4. The happy couple and their respective parents took to the floor.
- 5. They are each recognized specialists in their respective fields.
[ respective 造句 ]