- n. 松节油；松脂
- vt. 涂松节油
- vi. 提取松节油
来自古法语 terebinte,松节油，来自拉丁语 terebintha resina,即 resin of the terebinth tree,来自 terebintha,一种分泌松脂的松树，松脂木，词源同 terebinth.
- turpentine:  Turpentine is nowadays used for an oil obtained from pine trees, but it originally denoted the ‘resin of the terebinth’, a small European tree of the sumach family. The name of the terebinth is probably of non-Indo- European origin. It was borrowed into Greek as térbinthos, which made its way into Latin as terbinthus. Its resin was called terbenthina rēsīna. The adjective terbenthina came to be used as a noun, and this passed into English via Old French terbentine.
- turpentine (n.)
- early 14c., "semi-liquid resin of the terebinth tree," terbentyn, from Old French terebinte "turpentine" (13c.), from Latin terebintha resina "resin of the terebinth tree," from Greek rhetine terebinthe, from fem. of terebinthos (see terebinth). By 16c. applied generally to resins from fir trees.
- 1. Use turpentine and linseed oil, three parts to two.
- 2. The ancient Egyptians could make glass, tile, turpentine, soap and dyes.
- 古埃及人制造了玻璃 、 瓷砖 、 松脂 、 肥皂和染料.
来自英汉非文学 - 科学史
- 3. Paint is the solute and turpentine is the solvent when paint is dissolved in turpentine.
- 4. Our perennial supply of high quality pine resin, rosin and turpentine.
- 本厂常年供应优质松脂 、 松香、松节油.
- 5. Maybe try some turpentine . That might take the stink away.
[ turpentine 造句 ]