- n. 仓库；停车场；航空站
- vt. 把…存放在储藏处
- adj. 药性持久的
- n. (Depot)人名；(刚(布))德波特
CET6+ TEM4 TOEFL
1. deposit => depost => depot.
2. 含义：place of deposit, warehouse.
- depot:  A depot is literally a ‘place where something is deposited’, a ‘depository’. The word comes, via French dépôt, from Latin dēpositum (source of English deposit ), the past participle of dēpōnere ‘put down’. This was a compound verb formed from the prefix dē- ‘down’ and pōnere ‘put, place’ (source of English position), and also produced English depose  and deponent .
=> deponent, depose, deposit, position
- depot (n.)
- 1795, "warehouse," from French dépôt "a deposit, place of deposit," from Old French depost "a deposit or pledge," from Latin depositum "a deposit," noun use of neuter past participle of deponere "lay aside" (see deposit (v.)). Military sense is from 1798; meaning "railway station" is first recorded 1842, American English.
- 1. The depot is only a few blocks from here.
- 2. The military depot has a plentiful supply of food.
- 3. The lorry driver loaded up at the depot.
- 4. The guerrillas burned down the enemy's depot.
- 5. They leased the building as a depot.
[ depot 造句 ]