- vt. 节省；过度缩减；克扣
- vi. 精打细算；吝啬
- adj. 吝啬的；不足的
来自 scrimp,缩写的，不足的，来自 Proto-Germanic*skrimp,收缩，缩小，来自 PIE*sker,弯， 转，词源同 shrink,shrimp.引申动词词义节省，缩紧等。
- scrimp (v.)
- "to make too small," 1774, originally in English an adjective, "scant, meager" (1718), possibly from a Scandinavian source (compare Swedish skrumpna "to shrink, shrivel up," Danish skrumpen "shrunken, shriveled"), or from a continental Germanic source akin to Middle High German schrimpfen, German schrumpfen "to shrivel," from Proto-Germanic *skrimp-, from PIE root *(s)kerb- "to turn, bend." Related: Scrimped; scrimping.
- 1. We had to scrimp and save to pay the bills.
- 2. They had to scrimp and save to send their son to college.
- 3. She had to scrimp and save to pay for her holiday.
- 4. John was making more money, but I continued to scrimp and save.
- 约翰挣钱比以前多了, 可是我继续节省开支攒钱.
- 5. We shall scrimp and save , grandchildren on your knee, Vera Chuck & amp; Dave.
- 我们过着简朴的生活, 孙子们在你的膝盖上,分别叫做维拉 、 恰克 和 大卫.
[ scrimp 造句 ]