- herpes: see serpent
- herpes (n.)
- late 14c., "inflammatory, spreading skin condition" (used of shingles, gangrene, etc.), from Latin herpes "a spreading skin eruption," from Greek herpes, the name for the disease shingles, literally "creeping," from herpein "to creep" (cognate with Latin serpere "to creep;" see serpent). The condition was not distinguished into specific diseases until early 19c.
- 1. These include giant cells associated with variola, herpes simplex and parainfluenza.
- 这些包括有关天花 、 疱疹以及副流感的巨细胞.
- 2. Interferon may be effective in treating some herpes virus infections of the eye.
- 3. After two days, there appeared herpes zoster on my back.
- 两天后, 我的背部出现了带状疱疹.
- 4. Herpes simplex keratitis is common in department of ophthalmology.
- 5. Herpes infections have bedeviled animals for more than 100 million years.
[ herpes 造句 ]