1. alteration (Englishing) of earlier distract.
2. (perhaps by association with other past participle forms in -ght, such as caught, bought, brought).
3. distract => distraught.
来自distract, 分心。-ght,拼写模仿caught. 即分心的，发狂的。
- distraught: see straight
- distraught (adj.)
- late 14c., alteration (Englishing) of earlier distract (perhaps by association with other past participle forms in -ght, such as caught, bought, brought), mid-14c., past participle of distracten "derange the intellect of, drive mad" (see distract).
- 1. I was distraught and let out a bellow of tearful rage.
- 2. Her distraught mother had spent all night waiting by the phone.
- 3. Weeks after the accident she remained distraught.
- 4. She sounded absolutely distraught.
- 5. I became a distraught, worried mother, a useless role if ever there was one.
[ distraught 造句 ]