- homicide (n.)
- "the killing of another person," early 13c., from Old French homicide, from Latin homicidium "manslaughter," from homo "man" (see homunculus) + -cidium "act of killing" (see -cide). The meaning "person who kills another" (late 14c.) also is from French, from Latin homicida "a murderer," from -cida "killer."
- 1. Homicide is the leading cause of death among black men.
- 2. It was a clear case of homicide.
- 3. The jury returned a verdict of justifiable homicide.
- 4. The police arrived at the scene of the homicide.
- 5. Quite frankly, the lyrics are very similar to a homicide we're investigating.
- 坦白的说, 那歌词很像我们正在查的一宗谋杀案?
[ homicide 造句 ]