- lanyard (n.)
- also laniard, alternative spelling (influenced by nautical yard (2) "long beam used to support a sail") of Middle English lainer, "thong for fastening parts of armor or clothing" (late 14c.), from Old French laniere "thong, lash," from lasniere, from lasne "strap, thong," apparently altered (by metathesis and influence of Old French las "lace") from nasliere, from Frankish *nastila or some other Germanic source, from Proto-Germanic *nastila- (cognates: Old High German, Old Saxon nestila "lace, strap, band," German nestel "string, lace, strap"), from PIE root *ned- "to knot."
- 1. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher.
- 2. Free shipping on a second lanyard if purchased together.
- 3. How many of them could tie a lanyard knot, or take a wheel or a lookout?
- 他们有几个人能结水手结? 能开船?能上班?
- 4. Otherwise we arethe giftware products as lanyard ( find picture ) , Metal hook and compass as well.
- 此外我们也有生产电话绳 、 爬山扣、指南针等礼品方面的产品.
- 5. A whistle is best carried on a lanyard attached to your life vest.
[ lanyard 造句 ]