- adj. 柔韧的；瘦长而结实的
- n. 柳条绳索；细枝
- withy (n.)
- Old English wiðig "willow, willow twig," from Proto-Germanic *with- "willow" (cognates: Old Norse viðir, Danish vidje, Swedish vide, Old High German wida, German Weide "willow"), from PIE root *wei- (1) "to bend, twist" (cognates: Avestan vaeiti- "osier," Greek itea "willow," Latin vitis "vine," Lithuanian vytis "willow twig," Polish witwa, Welsh gwden "willow," Russian vitvina "branch, bough").
- 1. The cable is withy and strong enough to hold such weight.
- 2. Withy is used to make baskets.
- 3. A tough, supple twig, especially of willow, used for binding things together; a withy.
- 柳条,韧枝坚硬且柔韧的枝条, 尤指柳条, 用于捆扎物品; 柳条绳.
[ withy 造句 ]