CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- menu: see minute
- menu (n.)
- 1837, from French menu de repas "list of what is served at a meal," from Middle French menu (adj.) "small, detailed" (11c.), from Latin minutus "small," literally "made smaller," past participle of minuere "to diminish," from root of minus "to diminish" (see minus). Computer usage is from 1967, from expanded sense of "any detailed list," first attested 1889.
- 1. Burke cast a cursory glance at the menu, then flapped it shut.
- 2. At lunchtime, there's a choice between the buffet or the set menu.
- 3. The menu changes weekly and usually includes a vegan option.
- 4. The menu is all-important. Every component of every meal should create contrasts.
- 5. There is a set menu from £4.00 for two courses with coffee.
[ menu 造句 ]