- n. [电子] 电路，回路；巡回；一圈；环道
- vi. 环行
- vt. 绕回…环行
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- circuit (n.)
- late 14c., "a going around; a line going around," from Old French circuit (14c.) "a circuit; a journey (around something)," from Latin circuitus "a going around," from stem of circuire, circumire "go around," from circum "round" (see circum-) + ire "to go" (see ion). Electrical sense is from 1746. Of judicial assignments, from 1570s; of venues for itinerant entertainers, from 1834. Circuit breaker is recorded from 1874. Related: Circuital.
- circuit (v.)
- "to go around," early 15c., from circuit (n.). Related: Circuited; circuiting.
- 1. He was just starting to become known on the cabaret circuit.
- 2. There is an internal circuit breaker to protect the instrument from overload.
- 3. There's a closed-circuit television camera in the reception area.
- 4. The approach was intended to short-circuit normal complaints procedures.
- 5. The fire was started by an electrical short-circuit.
[ circuit 造句 ]