- adj. 堵塞的，拥挤的
- v. 挤满；超负荷（congest的过去分词）
TEM8 IELTS TOEFL
con-, 强调。-gest, 携带，词源同gesture, belligerent, aggestus(拉丁词，积聚). 即带到一起的。
- congested (adj.)
- 1570s, "heaped up," past participle adjective from congest. Meaning "overcrowded" is recorded from 1862.
- 1. He first promised two weeks ago to clear Britain's congested roads.
- 2. The arteries in his neck had become fatally congested.
- 3. Many of Europe's airports are heavily congested.
- 4. Wangfujing Street is always very congested.
- 5. The city streets were congested with vehicles.
[ congested 造句 ]