- adj. 轻盈的（等于lithesome）；柔软的；易弯曲的
1. lent- => lithe (with characteristic loss of "n" before "th" in English).
2. => soft, mild, gentle, meek.
- lithe (adj.)
- Old English liðe "soft, mild, gentle, meek," from Proto-Germanic *linthja- (cognates: Old Saxon lithi "soft, mild, gentle," Old High German lindi, German lind, Old Norse linr, with characteristic loss of "n" before "th" in English), from PIE root *lent- "flexible" (cognates: Latin lentus "flexible, pliant, slow," Sanskrit lithi). In Middle English, used of the weather. Current sense of "easily flexible" is from c. 1300. Related: Litheness.
- 1. His walk was lithe and graceful.
- 2. The leopard is sleek, long and lithe.
- 豹子身材修长,毛片油亮, 灵活轻巧.
- 3. He stretched his lean, lithe body.
- 他伸了伸他那瘦削, 灵活的肢体.
- 4. He was lithe; that was the word she had thought of while watching him.
- 他很轻捷, 当时她望着他时想到的是这个词.
来自英汉文学 - 廊桥遗梦
- 5. I was received by a tall, lithe, vibrant woman in her 70's, white - haired, and still beautiful.
- 接见我的是位长挑身材, 袅娜轻盈 、 神采奕奕的老太太,七十多岁的年纪, 满头白发, 依然清秀漂亮.
[ lithe 造句 ]