1、re- "again" + sus- "(up from) under" + cit- "summon" + -ate.
2、含义: rouse again, revive, restore.
- resuscitate (v.)
- early 15c., "revive, restore," from Latin resuscitatus, past participle of resuscitare "rouse again, revive," from re- "again" (see re-) + suscitare "to raise, revive," from sub "(up from) under" (see sub-) + citare "to summon" (see cite). Intransitive use from 1650s. Related: Resuscitated; resuscitating. Earlier was resuscen "restore (someone) to life, resurrect" (c. 1400).
- 1. He has submitted a bid to resuscitate the struggling magazine.
- 2. He had a heart attack and all attempts to resuscitate him failed.
- 3. A policeman and then a paramedic tried to resuscitate her.
- 4. As instructed by Rinpoche, we got the doctors to resuscitate him.
- 遵照仁波切的指示, 我们找来医生帮他进行急救.
- 5. Despite ef - forts to resuscitate her she was pronounced dead a short time later.
- 尽管英法 - 要塞,使那些因她,她伤重不治短的时间稍后.
[ resuscitate 造句 ]