- n. 平锅柄；（美）柄状的狭长区域
- vt. 向…乞讨；乞得
- vi. 行乞
- panhandle (n.)
- "something resembling the handle of a pan," 1851, from pan (n.) + handle (n.). Especially in reference to geography, originally American English, from 1856, in reference to Virginia (now West Virginia; Florida, Texas, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Alaska also have them). Meaning "an act of begging" is attested from 1849, perhaps from notion of arm stuck out like a panhandle, or of one who handles a (beggar's) pan.
- panhandle (v.)
- "to beg," 1888, from panhandle (n.) in the begging sense. Related: Panhandled; panhandling.
- 1. Wheeling is located in the northern panhandle of west virginia.
- 2. Wheeling is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia.
- 3. I knew I couldn't panhandle.
- 4. Homeless people forced to panhandle in subway stations.
- 5. Issue: The city of Amarillo is located in the Texas panhandle between Potter and Randall Counties.
- 问题: 阿马里诺市位于德克萨斯州波特县与兰德尔县之间的狭长地带中.
[ panhandle 造句 ]