- n. 大农场；大牧场
- vi. 经营牧场；在牧场工作
- vt. 经营牧场；在牧场饲养…
CET6+ TEM4 TOEFL CET6
1. rangier "set in a row, place in a row, arrange, get into line," from rang "row, line" => rank.
2. rank => range ( "row, line" => "row, line or position than a gun can send a bullet" => "distance a gun can send a bullet" => 射程、范围、幅度 => 在射程或范围内徘徊、漫游 => 放牧场(在一个大的区域、范围类游荡)。
3. rank => range, arrange, ranch.
来自美式西班牙语 rancho,农场，农庄，来自西班牙语 rancho,一起吃饭的人，来自古法语 ranger, 扎寨，安营，安置，来自 rang,排列，布置，词源同 range,rank.
- ranch (n.)
- 1808, "country house," from American Spanish rancho "small farm, group of farm huts," from Spanish rancho "mess-room," originally, "group of people who eat together," from ranchear "to lodge or station," from Old French ranger "install in position," from rang "row, line" (see rank (n.)).
Sense of "large stock-farm and herding establishment" is from 1831. Of houses, "single-story, split-level" (adj.) from 1950; as a noun from 1960. Ranch-house attested from 1862.
- ranch (v.)
- 1866, from ranch (n.). Related: Ranched; ranching.
- 1. They had to buy everything at inflated prices at the ranch store.
- 2. He left his Montana ranch to his spinster sister.
- 3. The ranch is in the middle of a large plateau.
- 4. He went to work on a ranch.
- 5. The ranch castrated three - fourths of its male calves.
- 牧场把 四分之三 的小公牛都阉割了.
[ ranch 造句 ]