CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
构成 slide 的鼻音化形容词形式，词义由光滑引申比喻义苗条的，纤细的。
- slender (adj.)
- c. 1400, earlier sclendre (late 14c.), probably from a French source, often said to be from Old French esclendre "thin, slender," which could be from Old Dutch slinder, but the connections, and even the existence of these words, is doubtful. Related: Slenderly; slenderness.
- 1. The builders have perched a light concrete dome on eight slender columns.
- 2. My idea of physical perfection is to be very slender.
- 3. Blonde and slender, she was too striking to escape their attention.
- 4. Her legs were long and fine, her hips slender, her carriage erect.
- 5. She was a small woman, slender and neatly made.
[ slender 造句 ]