- newbie (n.)
- "newcomer, new person to an existing situation," by 1969, from new with diminutive or derogatory suffix. Perhaps originally U.S. military slang. Compare noob. Middle English had newing "a new thing" (early 15c.); new was used as a noun meaning "naval cadet during first training on a ship" (1909); and newie "new thing" is recorded from 1947.
- 1. Why do I always stuck with the newbie on my team?
- 我为啥子总被队里的菜鸟骗 呢 ?
- 2. Here is the newbie, teach him what to do.
- 这是新来的, 告诉他该做什么.
- 3. We drop you right into a newbie zone, and it's not overwhelming.
- 我们要做的是把你放到一个新手村里去, 那里没有什么难度.
- 4. He doesn't know how to fly yet, he a newbie.
- 他还不知道怎么飞, 他是个新手.
- 5. At the time, he was dating a showbiz newbie called Melody.
- 在那个时候, 他正在与娱乐行业的新人Melody交往.
[ newbie 造句 ]