英语常见人名，来自希腊语 sophia,知识，智慧，来自 sophos,有知识的，有智慧的，词源同 philosophy.
- fem. proper name, from Greek sophia "skill, knowledge of, acquaintance with; sound judgement, practical wisdom; cunning, shrewdness; philosophy," also "wisdom personified," abstract noun from sophos "wise" (see sophist). Saint Sophia in ancient church names and place names in the East is not necessarily a reference to a person; the phrase also is the English translation of the Greek for "divine wisdom, holy wisdom," to which churches were dedicated.
- 1. She was Dean of the Science faculty at Sophia University.
- 2. Sophia jumps up and throws down her knitting.
- 3. Sophia settled into her comfortably contoured seat.
- 4. The fresh breeze and bright sunshine quickly attracted Sophia.
- 5. Sophia stanched the blood with a cloth.
[ Sophia 造句 ]