穆斯林两大派别之一，来自阿拉伯语 shi'ah,追随者，缩写自 Shi'ah Ali,字面意思即穆罕默德 的女婿，先知的合法继承人 Ali 的追随者。比较另一个派别 Sunni,逊尼派。
- Shia (n.)
- also Shiah, 1620s, a collective name for one of the two great Muslim sects, from Arabic shi'ah "partisans, followers, sect, company, faction" (from sha'a "to follow"). This is the proper use, but it commonly is used in English to mean "a Shiite." In Arabic, shi'ah is the name of the sect, shiya'iy is a member of the sect.
The branch of Islam that recognizes Ali, Muhammad's son-in-law, as the lawful successor of the Prophet; the minority who believed, after the death of the Prophet, that spiritual and political authority followed his family line, as opposed to the Sunni, who took Abu Bakr as the political leader of the community. The Arabic name is short for Shi'at Ali "the party of Ali."
- 1. Why not split the country into Shia , Sunni and Kurdish statelets?
- 2. The attack represents a direct challenge the authority of the Shia - led government.
- 3. Some towns in the province have a record of Shia - Sunni enmity.
- 该省的一些城镇拥有什叶派 -逊尼 派相互仇恨的记录.
- 4. A fight for supremacy within the new Shia establishment has also begun.
- 5. At least 400,000 people, mainly in the Shia - inhabited south, have fled.
- 至少有40万人逃离了家园, 大多数是黎巴嫩南部什叶派居住地的平民.
[ Shia 造句 ]