- n. （刀剑柄）圆头；马鞍的鞍桥
- vt. 用拳头连续打
- n. (Pommel)人名；(法)波梅尔
- pommel (n.)
- mid-13c., "ornamental knob;" c. 1300, "knob at the end of a sword hilt," from Old French pomel (12c., Modern French pommeau), "rounded knob," diminutive of pom "hilt of a sword," from Late Latin pomellum, diminutive of Latin pomum "apple" (see Pomona), the connecting notion being "roundness." Sense of "front peak of a saddle" first recorded mid-15c. In Middle English poetry it also sometimes meant a woman's breast. The gymnast's pommel horse is attested from 1908.
- 1. Tung finished and folded his hands over the reins on the pommel of his saddle.
- 2. We have some nice pommel just in from Yunnan.
来自英汉 - 翻译样例 - 口语
- 3. The vault is similar to the pommel horse but taller.
- 4. China's world champion Xiao Qin won the pommel horse gold medal.
- 5. May, for the city pommel horse for ye.
[ pommel 造句 ]