CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- surgery (n.)
- c. 1300, sirgirie, "medical treatment of an operative nature, such as cutting-operations, setting of fractures, etc.," from Old French surgerie, surgeure, contraction of serurgerie, from Late Latin chirurgia (see surgeon).
- 1. He has received extensive corrective surgery to his skull.
- 2. A stiff knee following surgery forced her to walk with a limp.
- 3. This type of surgery could even be used to extract cancerous growths.
- 4. He needed surgery to cure a troublesome back injury.
- 5. She even had plastic surgery to change the shape of her nose.
[ surgery 造句 ]