CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE CET6
- prophecy (n.)
- c. 1200, prophecie, prophesie, "function of a prophet," from Old French profecie (12c. Modern French prophétie) and directly from Late Latin prophetia (source also of Spanish profecia, Italian profezia), from Greek propheteia "gift of interpreting the will of the gods," from prophetes (see prophet). Meaning "thing spoken or written by a prophet" is from c. 1300.
- 1. Fear of failure can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- 2. The youth, too, fulfilled the prophecy.
- 3. If you expect to fail, you will fail. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy .
- 4. Apollo was the Greek god of the arts, prophecy, medicine and light.
- 阿波罗是希腊神话中主管艺术 、 预言 、 医药和光明之神.
- 5. A prophet made a prophecy that the kingdom would fall.
[ prophecy 造句 ]