- vt. 用糖煮；使结晶为砂糖；美化
- vi. 糖煮；成为结晶
- n. 糖果（等于sweets）；冰糖（等于sugar candy，rock candy）；毒品
- adj. 新潮的（服饰）；甜言蜜语的
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
candy n. 糖果〔看弟(谐音)吃糖果，自己流口水〕
- candy (n.)
- late 13c., "crystalized sugar," from Old French çucre candi "sugar candy," ultimately from Arabic qandi, from Persian qand "cane sugar," probably from Sanskrit khanda "piece (of sugar)," perhaps from Dravidian (compare Tamil kantu "candy," kattu "to harden, condense").
- candy (v.)
- 1530s, from candy (n.). Related: Candied; candying.
- 1. Joe's other peculiarity was that he was constantly munching hard candy.
- 2. Back then, women on TV were mostly seen as eye candy.
- 3. She returns to the big screen to play Candy's overbearing mother, Rose.
- 4. a box of candy
- 5. This candy is so hard that no one can chew it.
[ candy 造句 ]