- adv. 小心翼翼地；慎重地
- adj. 谨慎的；轻手轻脚的；慎重的
- gingerly: see general
- gingerly (adv.)
- "extremely cautiously" (of movements, etc.), c. 1600, earlier "elegantly, daintily" (1510s), of unknown origin. Perhaps [OED] from Old French gensor, comparative of gent "dainty, delicate," from Latin gentius "(well)-born" (see gentle). Meaning "extremely cautiously" is from c. 1600.
- 1. She was touching the dressing gingerly with both hands.
- 2. Gingerly, she put her hand in deeper, to the bottom.
- 3. He opened the box gingerly and looked inside.
- 4. The subject was handled in a gingerly way.
- 5. She gingerly picked the flower.
[ gingerly 造句 ]